How did Marvel start?
Marvel was started in 1939 by Martin Goodman under a number of corporations and imprints but now known as Timely Comics, and by 1951 had generally become known as Atlas Comics. The Marvel brand, which had been used over the years, was solidified as the company’s primary brand.
Who started Marvel Comics?
What are the original Marvel Comics?
- Fantastic Four. in Fantastic Four (1961) #1.
- Incredible Hulk. in Incredible Hulk (1962) #1.
- Thor. in Journey Into Mystery (1952) #83.
- Ant-Man. in Tales to Astonish (1959) #27.
- Iron Man. in Tales of Suspense (1959) #39.
- Spider-Man. in The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #1.
- X-Men. in Uncanny X-Men (1963) #1.
Who was the first Marvel Avenger?
The original Avengers are: Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp, Thor, and Hulk. Captain America does predate the Avengers, but he was not one of the first Avengers. He was a member of the Invaders with Namor, the original Human Torch and some others.