Are Bronze Age comics valuable?
Certain Bronze Age keys listed on the most valuable comic books page have actually FALLEN in value since 2008-10.
A feeding frenzy in the mid-to-late-2000s lead to a glut of CGC-graded near mint/mint copies coming to market.
Some bronze age key issues have lost 50 percent or more in CGC 9.8!
Are 1980s comics worth anything?
Definitely one of the most investment-grade comics to ever come out of the 1980s, if you can find one, it is well worth the money, but forgeries do exist. Forgeries are quite common, so buy only a CGC-graded copy, and expect to pay close to $10,000 for one in very fine to near-mint condition.
Which Marvel comics are worth money?
Marvel and DC Comic Books Worth Big Money
- Tales of Suspense #39 (First appearance of Iron Man)
- Amazing Fantasy #15 (First appearance of Spider Man)
- Action Comics #1 (First appearance of Superman)
- Flash Comics #1 (First Appearance of The Flash)
- Captain America Comic #1 (First appearance of Captain America)
- X-Men #1 (First appearance of the X-Men)
How can you tell if a comic book is valuable?
The easiest way to determine if your comics fall into the “good” category is by looking at the cover price. Almost all comic books have the retail cover price at the time of publication on the cover. The valuable ones will have 10c, 12c, 15c, 20c, or 25c on the cover.
What comics are worth?
10 Rare Comic Books That Are Worth a Fortune
- Action Comics No. The inaugural issue of Action Comics marked the first appearance of Superman and helped kick off the superhero genre.
- Amazing Fantasy No.
- Detective Comics No.
- All Star Comics No.
- X-Men No.
- Tales of Suspense No.
- Marvel Comics No.
- The Incredible Hulk No.
What comic book is the most valuable?
Most Popular Today
An original copy of the Action Comics #1 that initially cost 10 cents and introduced Earth to Superman became the world’s most expensive comic book Sunday when it raked in $3.2 million on eBay.
What 90s comics are worth money?
A List Of Important Comics From The 1990s:
|1.||11,846||New Mutants #98 Rare CGC-recognized newsstand cover price variant is confirmed to exist|
|2.||8,475||Uncanny X-Men #266|
|3.||5,855||Amazing Spider-Man #361 Rare CGC-recognized newsstand cover price variant is confirmed to exist|
48 more rows
Are old comics worth anything?
Just because your comic book is old doesn’t mean it is worth anything. What truly makes a comic book worth something is its rarity, popularity, and condition. A comic book store will not pay you top value for a comic book. They need to make a profit.
Will 90s comics ever be worth anything?
The death of Superman, the breaking of Batman, and the rise of Image Comics were all pretty important and exciting events in comics history, but despite being awesome, your ’90s funnybooks are pretty much worthless today. There are, however, a few exceptions wedged into your longbox of Gen 13 variant covers.
How can I sell old comic books?
Here are just a few tips for successfully selling your beloved comic collection.
- Know Where to Go. You have quite a few options, both online and in the real world.
- Know Your Conditions.
- Bag and Board.
- Give Proper Descriptions.
- Consider Grab Bags.
- Sell Storylines Together.
- Wait for the Perfect Opportunity.
- Consider a Job Lot.
What if comics are worth?
- Members: 1,025,094.
- Values: 183,773,314.
- Publishers: 6,107.
- Comics: 1,079,043.
- Coffee: 134,880.
What Superman comics are worth money?
1. The inaugural issue of Action Comics marked the first appearance of Superman and helped kick off the superhero genre. In 2014, a pristine issue of the 1938 comic, with its original price of 10 cents still on the cover, sold on eBay for $3.2 million, making it the most valuable comic book of all time.
Who owns the most expensive comic book?
These are the 20 most expensive comic books in the world:
- Flash Comics #1 – $450,000.
- X-Men #1 – $492,937.50.
- Batman #1 – $567,625.00.
- All-Star Comics #8 – $936,223.
- Detective Comics #27 – $1,075 Million.
- Amazing Fantasy #15 – $1.1 Million.
- Action Comics #1 – CGC 8.5 – $1.5 Million.
- Action Comics #1 – CGC 9.0 – $3.2 Million.