HOW MUCH DOES CGC GRADING COST?
|Grading Service||Notes||Price Per Book|
|Standard||Maximum value of $1,000 per book||$65|
|Modern||Limited to books published 1975 to the present.
Maximum value of $200 per book
|Modern Fast Track||FastTrack reduces its corresponding tiers turnaround time.||$30|
|Economy||Maximum value of $400 per book||$38|
6 more rows
Is it worth getting comic books graded?
But as a rule of thumb, as I’m deciding which comics to submit for grading I always estimate the true cost of having a Modern Tier comic being graded by CGC to be $25.
THE COST OF CGC GRADING.
|True Cost / Book||$25.23||$126.15 / 5 comics|
6 more rows
How do you get comics graded?
Follow the steps below to submit to CGC and CCS.
- Become. a Member. Join CGC to get direct submission privileges, 24/7 order tracking and more. Join Now.
- Select a. Grading Tier. Choose a tier based on comic value and turnaround time. Select additional services that apply.
- Submit. Your Comics. Fill out the CGC submission form.
How does CGC pricing work?
CGC will grade your comic books for a fee; several pricing options are available—from $20 (with a 14-week turnaround timeframe) to a percentage of the book’s value (same-day appraisal). Many customers choose to ship their comic books to CGC for grading and evaluation.
Are comics a good investment?
The act of buying comic books as an investment is a relatively new thing to the comic book world. Over time, some of those comic books, especially origin issues, can be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, such as Action Comics #1 worth about half a million dollars.
Are 1980s comics worth anything?
Definitely one of the most investment-grade comics to ever come out of the 1980s, if you can find one, it is well worth the money, but forgeries do exist. Forgeries are quite common, so buy only a CGC-graded copy, and expect to pay close to $10,000 for one in very fine to near-mint condition.
How can you tell if a comic book is worth money?
The easiest way to determine if your comics fall into the “good” category is by looking at the cover price. Almost all comic books have the retail cover price at the time of publication on the cover. The valuable ones will have 10c, 12c, 15c, 20c, or 25c on the cover.
What is the rarest comic book in the world?
An original copy of the Action Comics #1 that initially cost 10 cents and introduced Earth to Superman became the world’s most expensive comic book Sunday when it raked in $3.2 million on eBay.
How long does CGC grading take?
6 to 40 days
What Marvel comics are worth money?
Marvel and DC Comic Books Worth Big Money
- Tales of Suspense #39 (First appearance of Iron Man)
- Amazing Fantasy #15 (First appearance of Spider Man)
- Action Comics #1 (First appearance of Superman)
- Flash Comics #1 (First Appearance of The Flash)
- Captain America Comic #1 (First appearance of Captain America)
- X-Men #1 (First appearance of the X-Men)
Is Cbcs as good as CGC?
In every case they sent in low-value but high-grade (9.6-9.8) CBCS books to be regraded by CGC. In some cases the grades came back slightly lower (9.4 to 9.6).
CBCS Grading vs CGC.
|Collector 368||368 Comicnewbie||plus 1plus 1plus 11|
|8 months ago||Post 7 • IP flag post|
1 more row
How do I open a CGC slab?
How to Open a CGC Slab –
How do you become a CGC grader?
A professional grader must hold these qualifications:
- Hold a BS in science and history.
- Hold a MS in chemistry and physics.
- Have had a minimum 10 year apprenticeship at the Louvre’s restoration labs.