Are Silver Age comics a good investment?
They’ll only get older, more rare, and more expensive to get as time goes on.
With all these comic book movies coming out and pushing the demand for these comics at a quicker pace, silver age key issue comic investments are a wise choice.
What years are the Silver Age of comics?
Following the Golden Age of Comic Books and an interregnum in the early to mid-1950s, the Silver Age is considered to cover the period from 1956 to circa 1970, and was succeeded by the Bronze and Modern Ages.
Is Amazing Fantasy 15 A Good Investment?
Whether or not it is a great investment depends on how much you paid for yours, and how patient you are. Long-term, we see Amazing Fantasy 15 being a solid hold. Some sales this year set new records. Other grades saw softening prices.
What Marvel comics are worth money?
Marvel and DC Comic Books Worth Big Money
- Tales of Suspense #39 (First appearance of Iron Man)
- Amazing Fantasy #15 (First appearance of Spider Man)
- Action Comics #1 (First appearance of Superman)
- Flash Comics #1 (First Appearance of The Flash)
- Captain America Comic #1 (First appearance of Captain America)
- X-Men #1 (First appearance of the X-Men)
Are comics from the 80s worth anything?
That being said, it is worth mentioning that since most comic books from the ’80s and ’90s were bought and hoarded by speculators en masse, for these books to be worth anything substantial, they must be maintained in extremely high grade.
Are any comics from the 90s worth money?
Although the end of the 20th century was a troubling time for the comic book industry, some comics from the ’90s are worth the kind of money that would make Bruce Wayne take notice. But the most important ’90s comics in terms of storytelling and character development aren’t necessarily the most valuable.
What is the most valuable Marvel comic book?
10 Most Valuable Marvel Comic Books
- 1 Marvel Comics #1 (1939) – $859,000.
- 2 Captain America Comics #1 (1941) – $629,000.
- 3 Marvel Mystery Comics 128 Page Issue Variant Edition (1942) – $482,000.
- 4 Amazing Fantasy #15 (1962) – $405,000.
- 5 The Incredible Hulk# 1 (1962) – $228,000.
- 6 Marvel Mystery Comics #9 (1940) – $198,000.
What was the first comic book ever?
The Adventures of Obadiah Oldbuck
What is the difference between Golden Age and Silver Age comics?
ELI5: The difference between the Golden Age of comic books and the Silver Age of comic books. The Silver Age is associated with the renewal of superheroes in the late ’50s and early ’60s after a period of a lack of interest in them.