What Marvel comics are worth money?
Marvel and DC Comic Books Worth Big Money
- Tales of Suspense #39 (First appearance of Iron Man)
- Amazing Fantasy #15 (First appearance of Spider Man)
- Action Comics #1 (First appearance of Superman)
- Flash Comics #1 (First Appearance of The Flash)
- Captain America Comic #1 (First appearance of Captain America)
- X-Men #1 (First appearance of the X-Men)
Are old comic books worth any money?
Just because your comic book is old doesn’t mean it is worth anything. What truly makes a comic book worth something is its rarity, popularity, and condition. A comic book store will not pay you top value for a comic book. They need to make a profit.
How do I know if my comics are worth money?
The easiest way to determine if your comics fall into the “good” category is by looking at the cover price. Almost all comic books have the retail cover price at the time of publication on the cover. The valuable ones will have 10c, 12c, 15c, 20c, or 25c on the cover.
How much are old Phantom comics worth?
It’s worth noting that when this comic first appeared, it sold for sixpence. Any of the first 50 or so Frew Phantoms fetch $300 or more in good condition, the price rising in inverse proportion to the number of the edition. Even those in the 100 to 200 range are worth about $100 each.