How do you know if a comic book is valuable?
The easiest way to determine if your comics fall into the “good” category is by looking at the cover price.
Almost all comic books have the retail cover price at the time of publication on the cover.
The valuable ones will have 10c, 12c, 15c, 20c, or 25c on the cover.
Which comic books are worth money?
10 Rare Comic Books That Are Worth a Fortune
- Action Comics No. The inaugural issue of Action Comics marked the first appearance of Superman and helped kick off the superhero genre.
- Amazing Fantasy No.
- Detective Comics No.
- All Star Comics No.
- X-Men No.
- Tales of Suspense No.
- Marvel Comics No.
- The Incredible Hulk No.
Are Archie comics worth anything?
The most valuable Archie comic book ever known to have been sold went for more than $140,000. That’s right — $140,000! Archie made his first appearance in a comic book in 1941, in the issue “Pep No. 2”; that’s the one which made the big money.
Where is the best place to sell old comics?
Top Places To Sell Your Comic Books
- eBay. FangXiaNuo / Getty Images.
- Heritage Auctions. If you have a lot of old and more pricey comic books, then I would suggest you take a look at an auction site like Heritage.
- Your Local Comic Shop.
- Charitable Contribution.
What 90s comics are worth money?
A List Of Important Comics From The 1990s:
|1.||11,846||New Mutants #98 Rare CGC-recognized newsstand cover price variant is confirmed to exist|
|2.||8,475||Uncanny X-Men #266|
|3.||5,855||Amazing Spider-Man #361 Rare CGC-recognized newsstand cover price variant is confirmed to exist|
48 more rows
What old comics are worth money?
Marvel and DC Comic Books Worth Big Money
- Tales of Suspense #39 (First appearance of Iron Man)
- Amazing Fantasy #15 (First appearance of Spider Man)
- Action Comics #1 (First appearance of Superman)
- Flash Comics #1 (First Appearance of The Flash)
- Captain America Comic #1 (First appearance of Captain America)
- X-Men #1 (First appearance of the X-Men)
How can I sell old comic books?
Here are just a few tips for successfully selling your beloved comic collection.
- Know Where to Go. You have quite a few options, both online and in the real world.
- Know Your Conditions.
- Bag and Board.
- Give Proper Descriptions.
- Consider Grab Bags.
- Sell Storylines Together.
- Wait for the Perfect Opportunity.
- Consider a Job Lot.
What are the most wanted comic books?
The 20 Most Expensive Comic Books in the World
- Flash Comics #1 – $450,000.
- X-Men #1 – $492,937.50.
- Batman #1 – $567,625.00.
- All-Star Comics #8 – $936,223.
- Detective Comics #27 – $1,075 Million.
- Amazing Fantasy #15 – $1.1 Million.
- Action Comics #1 – CGC 8.5 – $1.5 Million.
- Action Comics #1 – CGC 9.0 – $3.2 Million.
How do I sell my comic books?
So here are a few tips for how to jump-start the process and where to sell comic books.
- If possible, sell in person.
- Consult your local comic book store and Half Price Books but don’t commit immediately.
- Sell somewhere legit.