How do I become closer to God spiritually?
How to Get Closer to God
- Prayers for the Year. Grab a sheet of paper, a pen and some time to think.
- Verse for the Month. Every month select a verse to memorize and pray over your family.
- Hour for the Week. Devote one hour a week to spiritual education.
- Routine for the Day. Create a brief—yes brief!
How can I strengthen my relationship with God?
Here are some ways to help you find your way back to Him:
- Talk to Him. Just as with any other person in your life, communication is essential to strengthening your relationship with God.
- Obey Him. Obey God’s commandments.
- Study the scriptures.
- Listen for Him.
- Show gratitude.
- Be mindful.
How can I get closer to Jesus?
Commit to Jesus.
Join a good Christian church and become committed. Join a group that you can function in and serve the Lord. Start by listening to or watching sermons and reading books. The sermon by your pastor who will refer to Bible verses that are relevant, will further get you closer to God.
How do I pray to get closer to God?
#2 Prayer to draw closer to God.
Lord, I draw closer to you because you have promised to draw closer to me. Thank you for your precious promises that give me comfort and strength. Show me the way to everlasting life. I bare my heart before you and repent of everything that comes between you and me.
How do I stay in God’s presence?
In His presence, He has promised us blessings.
Start a relationship with Christ and draw close to Him. Begin by opening up your mouth and saying, “Hi Jesus, it’s me again.” Pour out your heart to Him. Start a morning devotion and ask God to use for His glory. Avail yourself to God and watch Him use you.
Is there a wrong way to pray?
There is no wrong way to pray. People need verification that what they are doing is OK. Children all have there own way of speaking to their parents.
What does it mean when you cry while praying?
When you come into the presence of a Holy God, it’s natural for tears to flow. In fact, I would surmise that when you pray with others, they start crying too. Flowing tears indicate you have a tender heart towards God. That means you‘ll be able to hear Him when He speaks to you.
How do I talk to God?
- When talking to God make sure you do so in a way that feels most comfortable to you.
- When writing to God, make sure to use pen and paper.
- It’s ideal to find a quiet space to talk to God.
- Read your religious scripture if that is your source of faith.
- To talk to God, open up your heart.
How do you know when God wants you to be with someone?
When there is mutual interest, mutual commitment, and a mutual willingness to move the relationship forward at a healthy pace, these are strong indications God does want you with this person. Relationships are a unique place in life where the spiritual and practical combine and are constantly intermingling.
How can I follow Jesus everyday?
How to Follow Jesus in Everyday Life
- 10 Practical ways to be more like Jesus. How to follow Jesus?
- Love your enemies.
- Love your neighbor.
- Don’t judge others.
- Be humble.
- Don’t worry.
- Follow the Golden Rule.
- Worship God whole-heartedly.
How can I follow God?
Following God’s Plan for Your Life:
- Be in prayer. A way to know that you are following God’s plan for your life is by being in prayer.
- Be actively reading in the Word.
- Follow the commands He puts on your heart.
- Seek a godly community.
- Obey the Truth.
How do you feel God’s presence?
Exercise for How to Feel God’s Presence
- Pick a Scripture Verse. The verse should be one that interests you and it should be simple for this exercise.
- Come Quietly and Read. Come to the Lord quietly and read a small portion or phrase.
- Try to Sense the Words.
How can I connect with God everyday?
9 Beautiful Ways To Connect With God Without Going To Church
- Slow down.
- Meditate or pray.
- Enjoy the outdoors.
- Stay open to finding God within yourself.
- Look for God in each person you meet.
- Stay open to experiencing the Spirit in unexpected places.
- Find music that touches your soul.
- Honor your body as a sacred place.
How can I get closer to God fast?
Fasting, reading the word of God, and praying will give us strength and help us grow closer to God. Some of the many benefits of fasting are that it: Enables you to concentrate more on the spiritual world when you consciously give up worldly pleasures. Leads to a greater intimacy with God by denying our carnal nature.