Why does my iPhone say waiting for activation?
If iMessage says “waiting for activation” after you’ve connected to data or Wi-Fi and chosen the correct time zone, try restarting your iPhone. It’s possible that iMessage isn’t activating because your iPhone is experiencing a software crash, which can usually be fixed by turning it off and back on.
Why won’t my Imessages activate?
If iMessage hasn’t activated after 24 hours, your next best step is to reset your network settings. Do this by navigating to Settings → General → Reset → Reset Network Settings. If iMessage still won’t activate get in touch with Apple Support.
How do you fix iMessage activation on iPhone?
iMessage Activation Error On iPhone? Here’s Why & The Fix!
- Make Sure Airplane Mode Isn’t Turned On.
- Check Your Connection To Wi-Fi & Cellular Data.
- Set Your iPhone To The Correct Time Zone.
- Turn iMessage Off And Back On.
- Check For A Carrier Settings Update.
- Update Your iPhone.
- Sign Out Of Your Apple ID.
- Reset Network Settings.
Why is my phone number not connecting to iMessage?
Make sure your data is backed up, either iTunes or iCloud. Turn iMessage off (make sure to do this). Turn on iMessage, wait for it to activate. Once it’s activated erase the phone again and restore from your backup.
Why is my iMessage not working on my iPhone?
Reboot iMessage by going to Settings > Messages and turning off iMessage, then turn off your iPhone by pressing and holding the on/off switch, slide to power off, and then wait for your iPhone to start up again. Once you’ve rebooted, return to Settings > Messages and turn iMessage back on.
Why can’t I activate my iMessage and FaceTime?
If your iPhone is failing to activate iMessage or FaceTime, make sure you activated SMS messaging on your phone. Go to Settings > Messages and toggle on MMS Messaging and Send as SMS. Also, check that your mobile plan includes SMS service. On iPhones, iMessage activates using SMS so it cannot initiate without it.
How do you reset iMessage?
In some cases, you may fix your iMessage problems by resetting All Settings:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Select General.
- Select Reset.
- Select the Reset All Settings option.
Why are my iMessages green?
If your iPhone messages are green, it means that they’re being sent as SMS text messages rather than as iMessages, which appear in blue. iMessages only work between Apple users. You’ll always see green when writing to Android users, or when you’re not connected to the internet.
Why can’t I send and receive iMessages?
Check in your iPhone’s Settings app that various messaging options are turned on so that your phone can dispatch texts if iMessage fails. Turning your iPhone off and back on again can usually refresh the software and restore better signal connections, enabling your messages to send once again.
What is iMessages on iPhone?
iMessages are texts, photos, or videos that you send to another iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac over Wi-Fi or cellular-data networks. These messages are always encrypted and appear in blue text bubbles. To turn iMessage on or off, go to Settings > Messages.
How do I link my phone number to iMessage?
First, on your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.
- In Settings, find and tap Messages.
- Make sure your phone number is selected.
- If your Apple ID has been used to sign in to your Mac, click yes.
- From the Messages menu bar option, open Preferences.
How do I verify my phone number for iMessage?
To change the defult phone number in iMessage, you need to:
- Insert the new sim.
- Go to Settings > Messages>Turn off iMessage.
- Go to General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Once the iPhone is open.
- Go to Settings > Messages>Turn ON iMessage.
- This will recognize the new sim and have it verified.
How do I change my iMessage to my phone number?
Go to Settings > Messages. Toggle iMessage to OFF and then back to ON.
Update your phone number:
- Go to Settings > Name, Phone Numbers, Email > Contactable At.
- Choose Edit.
- Enter your chosen number, using +44 instead of the first 0.
- Tap Save.