What is the best way to store comic books?
How To Store Comic Books
- Store in a consistent 50-70°F. This is essentially room temperature or a bit cooler.
- Store in 40-60% consistent relative humidity.
- Avoid direct light.
- Store comic books upright.
- Avoid storing comic books in the attic or basement.
- Store in a sleeve with a backboard.
- Store in acid-free cardboard boxes.
How do you store comic books on the shelves?
Best Practices for Comic Book Storage
- Use the right tools.
- Make room for everything When setting up a display, you don’t have to be limited to your comics and boxes.
- Think about walls and shelves.
- Build for use as well as display Turns out comics are more than just for looking at.
Can you store books in plastic containers?
Before storing, check the surrounding areas for signs of insects or mice. Pack books in small- or medium-size boxes or plastic containers, making sure they are weatherproof and moistureproof. New boxes work best. However, you can reuse old boxes if they are clean, dry, strong, and sealable.
How do you handle comic books?
How To Handle Your Comic Books
- Avoid rolling the comic, as you would a newspaper.
- When handling a comic, do so gently.
- Always handle the comic flat in the palm of your hand, and turn the pages carefully, allowing each page fall down gently on its own.
- Comic stores tend to organize their comics standing up in comic boxes or bins.
How do you store comics in a long box?
How to Assemble and Store Comics in Boxes –
How do I know if my comic books are worth anything?
The easiest way to determine if your comics fall into the “good” category is by looking at the cover price. Almost all comic books have the retail cover price at the time of publication on the cover. The valuable ones will have 10c, 12c, 15c, 20c, or 25c on the cover.
How do you show comic books on the wall?
However, with some simple MacGyvering, Comic Book Toploaders make an economical method for displaying comics on the wall. The simplest method is adhering a BCW Hang Tab on the back of the toploader and hanging over a flat tack or nail. Adhesive backed flat magnets or Velcro work great in many instances.
How do you store and display comic books?
Comic Book Storage Don’ts
Bag and board them, and stand them upright in a storage box or file cabinet. DON’T store cardboard boxes on the floor of your garage or basement. Put the boxes up on milk crates or wooden pallets because a flood or water leak will destroy your books, even if they are bagged.
What are the best comic book bags?
MYLAR bags are universally considered to be the BEST material to store your precious comic books and paper products in. It is what the Library of Congress in U.S. uses to store and archive historical documents.